Friday, April 30, 2010

Come Monday...

Well, it seems that April did not rain down enough court dates, for we still do not have one for our girls. Our agency director is hopeful that we will know the date by Monday and that it will be for sometime towards the end of May. Of course, it is not in his hands but the hands of the Ethiopian courts so who knows. As the girls are not biologically related, they will have separate cases but they will be heard simultaneously, thus we should still only have one court date to worry about.

I am doing my best to remain positive, but I keep having this sinking feeling creep in that something is going to go wrong...as it has in the past. My sweet friend who received her court date already has been wonderful at sending positive notes and vibes my way. She understands so well how the shadows of past pain try to overcome the brightness of this new hope. I don't think she truly knows how much her support has meant to me, though--so if she reads this I hope she realizes how deeply grateful I am to her for her unflagging optimism. I am fighting the sinking feeling, and trying not to live and breathe this, but it is hard.

So, in the words of one of my favorite Buffet songs...

"Come Monday, it'll be alright..."

No comments:

Post a Comment